A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Product Review: Ethel’s Edibles

Have you heard of Ethel’s Edibles before?  I hadn’t until I was asked if I would like to receive samples of their baked goods to try.  Ethel’s Edibles is located in Grosse Pointe,  Michigan and was inspired by the owner’s,  Jill,  grandmother who was named “Ethel”.   The desserts are handmade from pure ingredients and that […]

Fourth of July–Gluten-Free Style

It is that time of the year when cookouts are cropping up all over the place and they can be a source of stress for those trying to follow a special diet. This doesn’t have to be the case, though. There are so many gluten-free products these days, that eating great gluten-free food isn’t hard […]

Review: Hint Naturally Flavored Water

When I was first asked if I wanted to do a review of Hint Naturally Flavored Water I was on the fence.  I normally drink plain old water and I like it.  In fact, 95% of what I drink is water.  The other 5% is coffee, almond milk & wine.  Once I found out that […]

Laying Low Menu Plan & Van’s Update

Not much activity here in our house. Our main activities include helping Hannah get comfortable, getting her to the bathroom and administering her meds. She has made great strides today, though. She can get up on her own now, get to the bathroom on her own and arrange her pillows.

Since I missed a whole […]

Gluten-free in a Hospital

This past week we had an unexpected trip to the hospital.  Hannah fell while playing outside in flip flops and ended up breaking her arm in 2 different places.  She had to have surgery on Thursday and 3 pins put in to help her arm heal.  Check out the before X-ray below.

If there […]

Running Socks

This post has nothing whatsoever to do with gluten-free food, but I am gluten-free, so there you have it.

Once I find something that works for me, I am extremely loyal. When I first started running, I was told, heard & read that I should buy “running” socks. I thought I already had them, […]

Van’s Waffles–Quality Issue?

Do you eat Van’s Gluten-Free Waffles?  If so, I have a question for you.  Have you noticed a difference in the quality lately? 

Let me preface by saying that I eat these waffles once or twice a week, so often enough to have a close relationship with the waffles & notice if things start […]

Simple Gluten-Free Sandwich Cookies

I received some complimentary mixes courtesy of MyBlogspark recently and decided to get creative yesterday with the cookie mix.  Jon had been asking for cookies, so I made sure to get the butter out to soften as soon as I got up.  One of the things I love about this mix is how simple it […]

Never Ceases to Amaze Me

My mom and I were talking over vacation about her last visit with her gastrointestinal doctor and the one she had coming up.  She asked to be tested for Celiac Disease, to which her doctor said:

“What will you do if the results come back positive?”

Seriously?  The conversation we were having had a very […]


What a whirlwind we have had the past 10+ days!  Just got back from the beach and boy do I have a lot of work to do!  I am not sure when or how I will get it all done, but sitting here whining about it isn’t helping, right?  Onwards!

The kids are obviously out […]

Related Posts with Thumbnails