Are you ready to celebrate the Fourth of July a week from today? I plan on running a 5K to start the day off and then refuel later with a juicy Jennie-O turkey burger. Turkey burgers are typically lower in fat than beef burgers, but that doesn’t mean they have to be any less flavorful.
Tips for grilling the juiciest turkey burger ever:
- Don’t overwork meat, which can make it dense and tough
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil or sautéed onions to ground turkey for a juicier burger
- Do not push down on the burgers with your spatula (you’ll lose the juices!)
- Allow burgers to rest a few minutes before serving to let juices redistribute
If you buy the already formed frozen burgers, here are some tips I use to keep the burger juicy:
- Pan-fry and keep a lid over the pan
- Don’t push down on the burger
- Monitor temperature of the burger so you don’t overcook
It is really important to make sure to cook turkey burgers to 165 degrees. The best way to do this is with an instant read thermometer or a fancy kitchen thermometer that connects via bluetooth to your iPhone.
I can’t even begin to tell you how cool this Mini Kitchen Thermometer is…I am such a gadget geek!
My dinner last night. I thought it was a good idea to practice for the Fourth of July and try out my new toy. Simple turkey burger with cheddar, lettuce and ketchup with sweet potato steak fries.
If burgers aren’t your thing, no worries, Jennie-O has got your covered with their new Uncured Turkey Franks.
Jennie-O has a list of gluten-free products on their website, but they also clearly label their products so that there is no confusion.
If you are looking for inspiration, be sure to check out the Jennie-O website for all kinds of recipes. There is even a section for BBQ/Picnics…perfect for the Fourth of July! *Not all of the recipes are written gluten-free, so use caution when preparing.
How will you celebrate your holiday? Will you make the switch?
*The products mentioned in this post were sent to me free of charge for review purposes. The thoughts and opinions shared here are mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything.