Since I have discovered Sriracha sauce in the past year, I have tried adding it to all sorts of food. Just because I have to eat gluten-free, doesn’t mean I have to eat plain, bland food. If you have ever had Sriracha, you know that it is far from bland or plain.
Here is my new, kicked up Tuna Salad Melt recipe:
1 can or 1 pouch of tuna (packed in water)
1-3 tsps. Greek yogurt (I like Oikos. To your own taste…I like 1-1.5 tsps)
Squirt of spicy brown mustard
1 tsp of sweet pickle relish
Sriracha sauce (to your taste….very spicy so add a little at a time…a little goes a long way)
chopped celery (1-2 TBSP)
chopped water chestnuts (1-2TBSP)
Squirt of lemon juice
Fresh ground pepper
Cheese of choice
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl & mix well. Taste to make sure it is to your liking. Add more of whatever you like. Remember, start with less, you can always add more (I tell Jon this ALL the time!).
2. Toast your bread, roll, bagel.
3. Top your bread with tuna salad & then top with your cheese of choice. I like to use Swiss or extra sharp cheddar. Lately I have been using a sharp Vermont white cheddar.
4. Pop under broiler in your over or toaster oven until it is all melty.
5. Enjoy!! I will sometimes add a grape tomato to the top or a fresh sliced tomato. YUM!