Phew, it is hot!! I know, a few months back I was complaining that I was cold, but that was when I was at home in Ohio. It is really hot here in NC, humid too. Heat index is 103. The ocean is even warm, which is odd this early. We have been coming here for years in early June and the water is usually still chilly now. Not this year. I was reading Heidi’s post on Aguas Frescas earlier that made me wish I had her here right along with me! LOL!
Normally on Sundays I write my menu plan, but I am on vacation, so no plan. We play it by ear and hit the grocery store daily or every other day for supplies. Tonight’s menu – Shrimp Scampi or Shrimp & avocado salad. Tomorrow – tacos and margaritas. Can’t go wrong with margaritas, right?
While I am here, a little update on my life as Bootsie. Things are going as well as can be expected. My foot has not hurt and I have been able to walk across the street to the beach sans boot with no pain. I find myself even walking fast and slow down. Good signs. I suspect that the boot was possibly prescribed to protect me from myself. Meaning that if I have to wear this I am less likely to do more than I should and when it is off, I am less likely to attempt something I shouldn’t do. It is all good. 11 more days. I am almost half way there.
- Some new observations from my life as Bootsie:
- When grocery shopping, I can stand on the front of the cart, Titanic style, and Aaron can push me around.
- People are very curious why I am wearing the boot.
- Sunburn on the top of my foot and then inside the boot is not a pleasant feeling.
- I can cook and do dishes, but bending over to pick up something off the floor is near impossible from a standing position, unless I do it one legged.
- Thinking I should do a series called “Where in the world is Bootsie” and give prizes to those who can tell me. 😉
I hope to blog about another restaurant later on this week, though I doubt I will find one that tops our Margaritaville the other day. I see a repeat visit later this week. Date night with the hubby coming up,too! 🙂