I have made my own kale chips in the past, but I haven’t tried any packaged kale chips. When I received samples of Rhythm Chips, I was very curious! I wondered how the chips would hold up or how they would taste. Rhythm Superfoods has a great philosophy:
We create delicious, clean, nutritionally powerful products to encourage people to achieve optimal energy. The foods we make are RAW, VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE, NUTRIENT-RICH, and always DELICIOUS.
- All Natural. We never use chemicals, preservatives, chlorine, processed, genetically modified, or otherwise denatured food. Why? Because we ourselves are organic creatures of the earth.
- Local and Organic. This is becoming simply a survival mechanism. We support the reintegration of farming and foraging into our communities, and the development of sustainable lifestyles. We support the re-mineralization of ourselves and our soils in order to achieve a higher state of health and wellness. We will always strive to be as local and organic as possible.
- Balance. We seek balance in our recipes. The art and science of food combination is the key to making a great dish or product.
- Superfoods are miracle foods. We believe in offering these amazing treasures. More nutritional bang for your bite.
- Flavor. It doesn’t matter how healthy something is, if it doesn’t taste good, people simply will not come back for more. We are committed to delivering you only the tastiest foods possible. This is our way of helping you stay on your wellness path.
- Price. As we all know, eating healthy can be expensive. We strive to deliver a top shelf product line at a price point people can afford.
- Rhythm. Music. Dance. Play. Eat. Live. Love.
Rhythm Superfoods is the brainchild of Keith Wahrer, an Austin music producer & chef. Keith began his journey into health foods at the age of 19 when he made the switch to an all-natural vegan diet to cure himself from chronic sinus infections and allergies. In 2003 Keith co-founded Daily Juice, which quickly became known as the best little juice bar in Texas. It was here that he began experimenting with superfoods and living cuisine. This quickly led him to bring his first product to market, the Baraka Bar, a delicious line of raw, vegan, gluten-free superfood bars. As time went on, many more amazing raw foods products were developed, sparking the interest of a few notable Austin entrepreneurs including Clayton Christopher and David Smith from Sweet Leaf Tea, and Scott Jensen, former CEO at Stubb’s BBQ. Now these like-minded foodie-preneurs have teamed up and are excited to bring Rhythm Superfoods to the people!
There are 3 different varieties of the Kale Chips – Bombay Curry, Zesty Nacho & Cool Ranch. I broke these out on Christmas Eve, much to the delight of my guests. These were a huge hit! The chips had a wonderful flavor and texture. They were a little on the delicate side, but that is really the only downside I can find to this product. No less than 5 people sampled all of these and there were none left by the end of the night. I think that tells you how good they were! I think my favorite flavor was the Bombay Curry, though the other 2 were very appealing, too. There are 2 new flavors – Texas BBQ & Mango Habenero – coming out soon!
Rhythm Superfoods will also be debuting Sweet Potato Chips in March 2011! I can’t wait to give those a try! These chips will also be raw, vegan and gluten-free.
Look for Rhythm Chips in their online store, Daily Juice. They are sold out right now, but should be restocking very soon, so keep checking back.
Don’t forget to enter to win in my Simpli Instant Apricot Oatmeal Giveaway! The contest will run until Friday night!
***The kale chips were provided to me free of charge. The opinions on this blog are mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything.