Jon is a huge fan of all thing lemon, so when I found a box of lemon Jell-O when I was organizing the pantry the other day, I promised him I would make it. As I was glancing on the side of the box to see how much water to use, I found a recipe for Lemon Mousse that looked really simple. It only called for the Jell-O, boiling water & Cool Whip. As it just happened, I had found a frozen container of Cool Whip in the freezer the week before. I think it was from Christmas – ooops! Since it hadn’t been opened yet, I knew that it was still good.
1 pkg. Lemon Jell-O
1 16 oz. container of Cool Whip, thawed & divided
3 cups boiling water
1. Empty Jell-O into a large bowl. Reserve 1 cup of the Cool Whip & refrigerate.
2. Add boiling water to Jell-O and stir for 2 minutes (powder should be dissolved).
3. Add remaining Cool Whip and whisk until combined.
4. Pour into individual containers/bowls that have been sprayed with cooking spray.
5. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
6. Top with remaining Cool Whip & serve.
Doesn’t that look refreshing?
Hope that you all have a great weekend! I have 10 miles on the schedule for tomorrow – never thought that I would say this, but I am glad it is “only” 10 miles. LOL! Funny what marathon training does to your perspective.