With school back in session for most kids, I am sure the stress level in your house has picked up, just as mine has. While we did keep busy during the summer, we didn’t seem to be on as tight of a schedule. I figure that is because the kids didn’t have to be in bed at any certain time, and they could sleep in the following day.
Now that our schedule is crazy, it is really important that I not only plan out our meals, but stick to that plan. I admit to being a really bad menu follower over the summer. It was hot. I was tired. I have a plethora of excuses. That is in the past and I am now looking towards the future and doing my darnedest to stay organized, so as to eliminate some of my stress.
I have never used a meal planning service, but came across one the other day. I subscribe to Mamasource by Mamapedia (they send out deals like Groupon) and they sent out a deal the other day for a discounted meal planning service. I was intrigued, so I went to the site to see about special diets.
The website is called The Six O’Clock Scramble. Their mission:
Our mission is to improve the world one family dinner at a time.
THE SCRAMBLE CARES ABOUT:
- Encouraging family mealtime – We believe family dinners nourish bodies, minds and relationships.
- Promoting healthy meals for children – We believe every child needs and deserves nutritious foods.
- Supporting local farmers – We promote seasonal fruits and vegetables and support local farms and businesses.
- Reducing our environmental footprint – We believe in doing our part for Mother Earth and her inhabitants by promoting less waste, eating less meat, reducing pesticides by eating more organic foods, and favoring sustainable fish.
- Our Community – We believe in giving back to our communities and the families who entrust us with their dinner night after night.
The service typically costs less than $7/month, but the special coupon that is being offered right now makes it $18 for a 6 month subscription. After investigating the site, I found that they do indeed offer meal planning for special diets:
- Weight loss
- Food allergies
- Low sodium
You not only get the menu plan, but grocery lists & healthy eating tips, too.
I haven’t used this service, but know that I have heard more than once how people struggle with menu planning. While a service may not be the route for everyone or even a permanent solution, it could be a real help in getting you off on the right foot, especially with the discounted price.
As always, please double check recommended ingredients & groceries to ensure that they are indeed gluten-free.