We all know the gluten-free diet is not specifically a weight loss diet. Does that mean you can’t lose weight while gluten-free? Nope. A diet is what you make it. You can eat 1800 calories of Twinkies a day and if that is less calories than your body needs/uses in a day, you will eventually lose weight. Not the healthiest way to lose weight, but bottom line is that calories in need to be less than calories out.
I like to follow a much healthier, well-balanced “diet”, though I am not actively trying to lose weight. For those who are trying to lose weight, Yoplait has launched a new campaign called “do the swap”! Read on for more information:
Small changes can make a big difference over time. That’s why Yoplait Light has created the “YoplaitLight Swap” to remind people that by making simple substitutions, like swapping one item from your diet per day for a 100 or 110 calorie Yoplait Light, you can cut unwanted calories and help yourself feel great about daily diet choices. Through swapping tips for food, fitness, and fashion, the “Yoplait Light Swap” can help remind you how rewarding one simple change can be.
- Yoplait Light yogurt offers 33 different options to choose from in fruit, pastry and dessert flavors that contain around 100 calories or less, providing endless swapping options.
- Visit www.Facebook.com/Yoplait to share your favorite food, exercise and fashion swaps, find recipes and quizzes. Alison Sweeney, host of “The Biggest Loser” and author of The Mommy Diet, offers this Top Swap Tip on how she maintains her weight with a hectic schedule.
- “I’m all about easy solutions, and making simple swaps in my diet helps me lead a healthy lifestyle while juggling everything else. I swap a slice of my favorite red velvet cake after dinner for a cup of Red Velvet Cake Yoplait Light which can save me almost 300 calories, without even thinking about it.”
- Swap your way to fabulous with the following tips from fashion guru, host of the Style Network’s “How Do I Look?” and correspondent for NBC’s upcoming series “Fashion Star,” Jeannie Mai.
- Swap the bus for a 15 minute walk on the way home, and you can save 60 calories.1
- Boost your confidence in seconds by swapping more low-key flats for a pair of colorful heels.
- Expand your wardrobe without breaking the bank by swapping clothes and accessories with your girlfriends.
- You and your readers can visit http://bit.ly/yoplaitswapcoupon to download a printable coupon* for $1.00 off the purchase of three (3) cups of Yoplait Light yogurt to get you started with the “Yoplait Light Swap” today!
*This coupon offer for Yoplait Light yogurt is not valid in some states, including California, Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, Nevada, New Jersey, North Dakota and Tennessee.
In addition to Yoplait’s campaign detailed above, I am giving away a “do the swap” prize package here on my blog! In addition to being a healthier diet choice than many I can think of (cake, pie, etc), Yoplait light yogurts have many gluten-free varieties. Click here to view the complete list. The prize package will include the items listed below:
- (1) VIP coupon for a free cup of Yoplait Light yogurt
- Insulated tote bag
- Water bottle
- Sunglass holder
- Hardcover planner
- Ballpoint pen (love this pen!)
“Disclosure: The Yoplait Light Swap prize pack, information and coupon have been provided by Yoplait through MyBlogSpark.”