Today I am starting my day with a 4 mile race with 4000 of my closest friends out in Dublin, Ohio! Nothing like burning off some of your turkey dinner before you eat it, right? One of the main things that drew me to The Flying Feather Four Miler is the swag. Yes, there is a medal, which certainly doesn’t hurt. What girl doesn’t like a little bling? The best part about this race is that all participants over the age of 21 get a bottle of wine when they finish! Yes, you read that right – bottle of wine. Sure, I could have bought a bottle of wine cheaper than what I paid to enter the race, but what about my medal and long sleeve tech shirt? Plus the added bonus fun of running with friends!
After my race I will head home to help prepare a meal devoid of gluten except for Aaron’s beloved crescent rolls. My mom and step dad, Joe, will be bringing the turkey & pie and we will be making the mashed potatoes and cornbread sausage stuffing. Drinks will then be served after sundown on our new patio with a fire in the fire pit! Gluten-free s’mores anyone? This could just become a new Thanksgiving tradition!
10 Things I Am Thankful For
- Family – My livelihood
- Aaron – Yes he is part of family, but he is also an amazing husband, and for that I am extremely thankful
- Health – I will never take this for granted.
- A roof over our heads
- The gluten-free diet
- Running – I thank God every day that I can run.
- MIT (amazing group for marathoners – or half marathoners – in training)
- The weather recently – I’ll take this year round, thank you.
- The Muppets – They have been making me giggle since I was a child and their new movie comes out today! I am happy to be able to share them with Hannah.
What are you thankful for today?