I have talked many times here how important it is for me to refuel properly after my longer runs. The easiest way to do that is by drinking a protein shake of sorts on my way home. The newest protein shake that I have tried out is the CalNatural Svelte protein shakes.
More about CalNaturale Svelte:
Among the many health, convenient and eco-friendly benefits that CalNaturale Svelte offers are the following:
· Made with organic and all-natural ingredients
· Developed with a unique blend of organic complex carbohydrates, including rice syrup solids and inulin which help keep you fuller longer
· Offers 16g of protein from fresh organic soymilk and provides a good source of fiber in each serving
· Low-glycemic, non-dairy, cholesterol-free and certified gluten-free, featuring a fresh organic soy milk base and sweetened using Stevia
· Certified kosher by Orthodox Union (Circle U)
· Packaged in convenient, re-closable and eco-friendly Tetra Paks
· Available in four naturally delicious flavors including Chocolate, French Vanilla, Cappuccino and Spiced Chai. Each 15.9 ounce container is value-priced at $2.99
· Perfect for on-the-go meals, snacking, incorporating into smoothie recipes and enjoying as a delicious & nutritious coffee creamer
o Svelte Smoothies
§ 1 CalNaturale Svelte Chocolate shake blended with a banana and ice
On top of having 16g of protein per serving, they are non-dairy and certified gluten-free! Of course, on top of all of that, they have to taste good, right? These shakes didn’t disappoint! They were all good, with chocolate being my favorite. There were a little sweeter than I expected, but they weren’t over-sweetened. I would buy these again to keep on hand for my long runs.
**These samples of Svelte were sent to me free of charge for review purposes. The opinions shared here are mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything.