I was driving the other day when I realized that I completely missed my 6-year gluten-free anniversary! I didn’t just miss it by a day, either. I missed it by several. Today is January 20th and the day of the anniversary is January 12th. Ooops! I have learned so much over the past 6 years and feel much more comfortable with my lifestyle than I did in the beginning.
Some of the most important things I have learned are:
- There are way more things that I can eat, than can’t.
- Even after 6 years, I still make mistakes.
- There is life after being diagnosed with Celiac Disease and starting the gluten-free diet.
- The selection of gluten-free foods in grocery stores is much better now than it was 6 years ago.
- Even with all of the publicity the gluten-free diet has been getting, some people still look at me like I have 2 heads when I ask if they have a gluten-free menu.
- The gluten-free diet isn’t necessarily a healthy or an unhealthy diet; your diet is what you make it. There are plenty of healthy & unhealthy gluten-free foods out there, just like every other diet.
- Focusing on friends and family at gatherings is way more productive & feels better than focusing on the food, whether I can eat it or not.
One of the foods I have missed most since going gluten-free was not one that I ate on a regular basis before, but it was a nice treat – Jelly Donuts. Up until recently, there were really no replacements out there. Katz Gluten-Free has changed that! I was able to sample & review their new doughnuts and was very pleased! You can read my full review here. Katz is once again holding a Grand Raffle where the winner will receive a “Box of Each Item” box. In order to enter to win, fill out the form here and watch for the winner to be drawn on February 20, 2012.
For my readers, Katz Gluten Free has offered to give one lucky reader a $30 gift certificate to use on their website. What do you have to do to win?
***Samples & prize are free of charge for review & giveaway purposes.