So while I was busy baking today, it dawned on me that I had chicken breasts defrosting in the fridge and no real plan for them. I wanted to do something relatively fast, as I had spent enough time in the kitchen today. So, I decided to make a grilled chicken fettucine alfredo. Actually, to be technically correct, I used spaghetti noodles, not fettucine, b/c I didn’t have enough for everyone. 😉 This meal was simple, yummy and quick. An added bonus…I can keep the chicken separate from the noodles & sauce for Miss Picky (that would be Hannah, if you hadn’t guessed).
Grilled Chicken Fettucine Alfredo
3-4 boneless skinless chicken breast
Dry Rub (Garlic Powder, Basil, Salt & Pepper)
1 Jar Classico Alfredo Sauce (It is GF, as are all of Classico’s Sauces)
Brown Rice Pasta (I used Trader Joe’s Spaghetti tonight)
1. Pound chicken to tenderize it. Season both sides with dry rub.
2. Warm Sauce on stove
3. Bring water to a boil for pasta (add a little EVOO to keep pasta from sticking)
4. Grill chicken 6-8 minutes per side
5. Boil pasta & drain when done
6. Top pasta with alfredo sauce & sliced grilled chicken
7. Serve with veggies & salad.
For dessert, see the post right after this….Buckeyes & Baking. YUM!!!