I have always been a fan of thinkThin Bars for Jon. Not only are they super portable, but they are gluten-free and do a great job of holding him over until he can get his next real meal. Another bonus, they don’t get smashed in his hockey bag! The protein bars are great sources of protein with approximately 20 grams of protein, depending on the variety. The newest product from thinkThin are the Crunch Bars.
*Image courtesy of thinkThin
The Crunch Bars come in three different flavors:
- Mixed Nuts – Ingredients: Peanuts, soy crisps (soy protein isolate, tapioca starch), almonds, chicory root extract, cashews, maltitol, brown rice syrup, honey, soy lecithin, natural flavors, salt. Contains peanuts and soy.
- Mixed Nuts & Chocolate – Ingredients: peanuts, soy crisps (soy protein isolate, tapioca starch), almonds, coating (maltitol, cocoa butter, chocolate liquor, sodium caseinate, dairy oil, soy lecithin, natural flavors, salt), chicory root extract, cashews, maltitol, brown rice syrup, honey, soy lecithin, natural flavors, salt. Contains milk, peanuts and soy.
- Mixed Nuts & White Chocolate – Ingredients: Taste the nutty flavors of peanuts, almonds and cashews with a hint of honey and covered with delicious white chocolate for a sweet lower sugar treat for the whole family. With 70% less sugar and 80% more protein than leading fruit and nut bars, our crunch bar is a good source of fiber and a naturally delicious snack you can feel good about.
What I liked about the Crunch bars was that they still had a significant amount of protein in each bar. Not as much as the thinkThin Protein Bars, but more than some of the other fruit & nut bars out there on the market. Each Crunch bar has 10 grams of protein. I have been trying to keep an eye on our sugar intake lately as well, and these bars have only 3-4 grams of sugar per bar, which is 70% less than some of the other bars. Now, I am sure you are wondering how they taste and the answer is fantastic! I love the crunch of the nuts and the chocolate or white chocolate adds a nice sweet finish to the bar without making it overly sweet.
Three lucky winners will receive a 10-bar box of crunch, 10-bar box of protein and 3 of our bites boxes! All you have to do to enter to win is tell me how you are planning to “think thin” in 2011. The contest will run until Thursday, December 30, 2010 at midnight.
For additional entries, you may complete any or all of the following. Please leave a comment for each one completed so that I can easily count entries. ***Multiple entries increase your chance of winning, but you can only win once. If your name comes up twice, I will choose the next person in line.
1. Follow me on Twitter.
2. Follow thinkThin on Twitter.
3. “Like” Gluten-free is Life on Facebook.
4. “Like” thinkThin on Facebook.
Good luck to you all!!
Thanks to Rachel at thinkThin for the Crunch bars and for partnering with me to offer this giveaway to my readers. My bars were provided to me free of charge. The opinions in this post are mine and have not been influenced by anyone or anything.