The lovely Sara from Words to Run By, tagged me in her “11 Random Things” post, so I thought today would be a good day to have a little fun. Here are rules:
- Post these rules.
- You must post 11 random things about yourself.
- Answer the questions set for you in their post.
- Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
- No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag 11 people!
11 Random Things
1. Pink is my favorite color, though it didn’t use to be. I used to hate the color pink.
2. The first meal I learned to make was fried chicken and mashed potatoes. I was around 10 or 11 at the time. Oddly enough, I don’t think I have ever made fried chicken again.
3. I used to think runners were crazy and would only consider running if chased. Funny how things change.
4. I would never have though that someone as wired as me would enjoy yoga so much. I have a hard time sitting still, yet that 60-75 minutes of yoga really grounds me.
5. My favorite pair off jeans is a pair I bought on Ebay several years back. They are Gap Long & Lean. I bought them on Ebay because Gap changed them and they didn’t fit the same, so I searched high & low for my beloved jeans. The hem is frayed and 2 of the belt loops have come off.
6. I eat jelly beans
daily a lot.
7. I have been known to rock out to High School Musical tunes on my iPhone while running.
8. My 2nd toe is longer than my big toe.
9. When growing up I would choose mashed potatoes over French fries in restaurants. I specifically remember a waitress commenting that she hadn’t seen many kids choose mashed potatoes over fries before.
10. Back to music – I am a big fan of 80s ballads – Sister Christian, Human, Right Here Waiting, Amanda, High Enough… I’ll stop now before I embarrass myself anymore.
11. My first car was a Honda CRX. It had no real backseat, but that didn’t stop us from putting people back there. Boy, we were stupid.
My answers to Sara’s questions:
- What is your favorite thing to cook?
- What is your favorite book? The Help
- What is your favorite distance to run? Half marathon
- What is your favorite season of the year? Autumn
- What is your favorite holiday? Thanksgiving
- Do you like to make lists? Yes, I love lists.
- How many states (places) have you lived in? States: 4 Places: 6
- How long have you been blogging? Since August 2008
- Who is your biggest inspiration? My children
- What is your favorite animal? Penguin
- What is your favorite (non-running) outdoor activity? Hanging out on our deck/patio with a glass of wine & friends
You are IT!
**You can choose not to participate, but I am choosing people that I would love to learn more about.
1. Laurie – I Can Walk as Fast as You Can Run
2. Karen – Random Thoughts of a Suburban Mom
3. Heather – Mile 26 and More
5. Marlow – Gluten Hates Me
6. Jessica – Jessica’s Training Blog
7. Melanie – Marathon Melanie
**I broke rule #6, but I realize a lot of people have already done this, so there you have it. I would love to see anyone who wants to participate, do so in the comments or on your blog. Please link back so I don’t miss it!
Questions for those tagged to answer:
1. Where were you born?
4. Sweet, salty or both?
5. What would your last meal be?
6. Chocolate or vanilla?
7. Do you still have a home phone?
8. Favorite age growing up?
9. What kind of car do you drive?
10. Least favorite chore.
11. What kind of toothpaste do you use?
Have a great day!